Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Marijuana Should be legal across the United States, Really

I was interested in my classmate Noree Vo's blog, America Today!!!!,  as soon as I read the title "Marijua Should Be Legal Across The United States". When reading the title I imagined I was going to hear reasons to legalize marijuana across the country. Legalizing medical marijuana is a whole diffent issue then legalizing it to all citizens of age.I agree that marijuna should be legal for medical purposes, as it has the ability to help people with several different medical conditions. I also agree with legalizing it to citizens over 18 years of age. Annual American deaths that are caused by drugs have tobacco as the leading cause followed by alcohol. After those two, other illegal drugs, caffeine, and asprin. Marijuana had no cases. I believe that the main reason for not legalizing it is because of the income it brings in on charges relating to possession. A reason listed in this blog to legalize marijuana is to reduce law enforcement. I don't see that helping any if we are just talking about legalizing it for medical reasons, but maybe if it's legal for everyone. Law enforcement or health are not the concern on this issue, it's money.

No comments:

Post a Comment